When it comes to using the internet, it is no more limited to laptops or computer systems. These days most people are accessing the internet on their smartphones only. As on smartphones one can easily browse any website or can easily search any content. No matter where you are, you can access the internet easily and this is all because of the technology only. But as more and more users will open the websites on their smartphones, so these websites need to be optimized so that one can use them easily without any problem on mobile phones also.
There are different ways that you can use to make your websites optimize for using them on mobile phones. But before you do so, you also need to check if your website is optimized for mobile phones or not. Because most of the web developers these days are creating a mobile-friendly website only which are not required to be optimized.
What to check to know of your website is optimized for mobile phones or not
Below, we are sharing a few things which a mobile-optimized website should have. If these things are missing in your website, this means you will need to make your website mobile-friendly.
- Easy Mobile Navigation – Navigating on the websites when using them on the laptop or mobile phones is still easy. But they will give the same navigation experience on mobile phones is not guaranteed. They may or may not work fine on mobile phones. So, open your website on your mobile phone and check if it has easy navigation or not. If you are facing trouble in navigating, it means your website needs mobile optimization. As with many shifts in web development a good space to explore is with adult content sites. Adult sites are often the most early adopters as they are constantly jockeying for traffic and attention and there is a high volume of demand. Adult forum sites like TNA Board are very text heavy. When accessed from a mobile device the hookup site reorganizes threads and topics to make content easier to navigate.
- Website Loading Time – Ask yourself, how much time you expect for a website to load. In general, a website should take less than 10 or 5 seconds to load. If it is taking time more than that, then you are going to lose most of the traffic that is visiting your website. As most of the users prefer the website to load within a few seconds only, else they switch to the other websites. If your website takes more time in loading on a mobile phone, you need to optimize it.
- Easy Search – Check if it is easy to search on your website or not. The users who are visiting your website should be able to easily search what they are looking for. Most of the users when are not able to find what they are looking for in a few minutes are most likely to leave your website.
Similarly, there are a few other things also like how your website looks, its graphics, accessibility, etc. At present, it is very important to have a mobile-optimized website, if you want to gain profit and want more traffic visiting your website. Now, let’s learn how you can optimize sites for mobile.
Tips to optimize sites for mobile
You can easily optimize your sites for mobile, using the tips we have mentioned below.
- Streamline the layout of your website – The traditional web pages and the web pages that you open on your mobile phones have slight differences. When you will open the mobile web pages they will load slowly. That is why it is always suggested not to have too many web pages. Instead, one should try to streamline the layout of the website by minimizing the number of items. Do not clutter your website by too many web pages, as it may confuse users. Try to keep only that information which is useful for the user and which is required. Adding unnecessary information will not serve the purpose.
- Try not to use Java and Flash – The reason behind not using Java and Flash is obvious. Most of the smartphones these days do not support websites with Java or applications with Java. Also, the loading time for Java websites is more which will lead to a decrease in the users because of more time required for opening the website. Similarly, if you are using Flash on your website, you are stopping iPhone users to check your website. There are many users who are making use of iPhones, and they may become your customers if you will not use Flash. Apple phones do not support Flash, so it is not beneficial to use them.
- Make use of a responsive Theme – When it comes to choosing a theme for your website, ensure that it is a responsive theme. You need to check a few things like you need to see if the theme is customizable or not. So that if you want to make any changes, later on, you can easily do so. Check if the style and the look of the website are appealing or not. Also, check if it is secure to use or not and it comes with necessary settings or not. If the theme which you are using is fully responsive, it is really good for your website.
- Optimize the site loading speed – It is critically important for any website to have an optimized speed. It should be able to load quickly to provide users with a great experience. It is not just important for the users but it is also important for your website to rank on the search engines. As you know that now speed is also a factor that will help in the ranking of your website. If the speed of your website is good and it loads quickly, it also reflects the performance of your website.
- Make use of AMP – AMP means Accelerated Mobile Pages which is a new thing that was introduced for mobile websites recently. AMP helps in creating web pages that are mobile-friendly. It is good for the overall mobile website as it will help in removing those media files which are not required. It will help in optimizing the website so that it can be accessed easily on mobile phones also. You should also know that WordPress now has an AMP Plugin which can be used for the same purpose.